Friday, February 13, 2015

More email from fake academic publishers: Seitejournals edition

I got another solicitation from my new friend, the fake academic publisher Seitejournals. Commenter Huntly did a little digging after my post last week and reported:
 Can't find anything about the Co. listed, but the only info on for the admin contact points to a woman from Nigeria!
I followed up on Huntly's work and found that this woman seems to have been a graduate student in physics  in Nigeria and now seems to be in North Carolina, claiming a prior connection with "Academic Journals Ltd., another fake publisher.

I guess in the vast scheme of things, preying on clueless academics (or cynical ones) ranks less bad than mugging old folks for their social security checks, but really, aren't there better ways of making a living?

No comments:

Post a Comment