Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Call for fake papers from another fake journal

Today's email brought me this call for papers from a fake journal:
International Journal of Emerging Trends in Electrical and Electronics (IJETEE) is a scholarly, online international journal which aims to Publishes peer reviewed original research result oriented Survey papers in the fields of Engineering and Promote Innovative Technology. IJETEE has 3.84 impact factor. This journal intends to be of interest and utility to researchers and practitioners in the academic, industrial and governmental sectors. All original research contributions of significant value in all areas of Electrical and Electronics Engineering discipline are welcome. 
 I suspect this this is a new operation, since it doesn't seem to have made Beall's list yet. As for the impact factor, there are two explanations: the scam artist running this fake journal made it up, or the authors or publishers of fake journals insert lots of citations to fake papers in fake journals. It isn't hard to scam an algorithm.

I have to act now to meet the submission deadline of August 22, to have my paper peer reviewed and published by the promised August 28 date. I also have to become a trend leader in "Electrical and Electronics".Since I am non-Indian, the stated publication fee for me is $60 for 9 pages. Would it be plagiarism if I sent them 9  pages of "Get me off your fucking mailing list" ?


No comments:

Post a Comment