Wednesday, September 9, 2015

email from a fake academic conference on something or other

Here's an email from "conference EDM"  ("EDM"? Is that "electronic dance music"? "electronic data mangagement"? "educational data management"? ) soliciting papers for a scam conference, Asia-Pacific Conference on Social Sciences and Management, in Cebu, Philippines in January (though I imagine Cebu could be quite pleasant in January, at least compared to where I will be sitting then). 

Why do I guess this one is a scam? One clue is the listing of the "topics of interest", copied below from the email:

Topics

Topics of interest for submission include, but are not limited to:
Communication
Culture
Economics
Education
Finance
Law
Management
Politics
Psychology
Society

There is a helpful link to 'more subfields' which I did not bother to click. I did, however, check out the website, and while it is up, the menu of links to things like 'registration' and 'committee' and 'keynote' don't lead anywhere.

I checked this out so you don't have to. Say 'thank you'.

No comments:

Post a Comment