Thursday, June 30, 2016

Fake academic publishing spam: Sociology Mind edition

My faithful correspondent, Asafa Jalata, editor of the SCIRP  fake academic publication: Sociology Mind (does anybody even know what that title is supposed to mean?), writes me again today. Nothing special---Jalata, who seems still to be on the sociology faculty at the University of Tennesee Knoxville, just wants to let me know what his fake academic journal lists as articles it has published and that he'd be happy to receive paper submissions from me. Why I am on his list, I don't know: I'm not a sociologist, and have never published anything resembling sociology. On the other hand, I guess, in some sense, I have, and thereby know something about minds. So I know my own, which tells me to put this email in my junk folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment