Monday, December 5, 2016

This week in spam from fake academic operations

More spam this weekend from fake academic publishers and conference organizers. First up, an email from a yahoo(!) email account, from the fake academic publishers ARIPD (American Research Institute for Policy Development), soliciting for the fake  Journal of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences. I also received an invitation (which Thunderbird tells me may be a scam) from an upcoming fake academic conference in Singapore, sponsored by the fake academic operation, Global Science and Technology Forum (GSTF). Global also publishes fake academic journals, including the 'sound-alike' JPhilo.  Finally, my friends from SCIRP , publishers of scam journals such as Journal of Environmental Protection, sent me a solicitation for papers in the guise of (I am not making this up) a thank you note for submitting papers to them (in case you have any doubts, I haven't, won't, and wouldn't, and hope you don't.)

No comments:

Post a Comment